- Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Who We Are
We (Abbey Jet Ltd) are a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 10260569. Our U.K VAT registration number is GB179483848. Our registered office is offices A13 -A14 Champions business park, Arrowe Brook Road, Upton, Wirral, CH49 OAB. For details of our Workshop/return address in Whitby please contact us using the contact page.
The contract between you and us
We must receive payment in whole for the price of the goods that you order before your order can be accepted. Once payment has been received by us we will confirm that your order has been received by sending an e-mail to you at the e-mail address you provide in your order form. This is not an Order Acceptance from Abbey Jet ltd. Our acceptance of your order takes place on the dispatch to you of the products ordered unless we notify you that we do not accept your order, or you have cancelled your order in accordance with the clause 'Right for you to cancel your contract' below. Our acceptance of your order brings into existence a legally binding contract between us. Only adults (persons aged 18 and over) are entitled to enter into legally binding contracts and as a result are the only people entitled to transact through this site. Any other individuals who are unable to perform legally binding contracts are prohibited from ordering goods using this site. If you do not qualify do not use this site.
How we collect your information
We will collect information from you if you:
- Register to use our website; this will include your name, address, email address and telephone number.
- Place an order for products or services from our website, this will include your name, address, email address,telephone number and your payment details.
- Complete online forms.
- Contact us by telephone, post or email.
Payment information we collect and how we use it
When you register to use our website we need to know your name, postal address and e-mail address. To process an order we also need your credit card number and expiry date, plus any security details that the credit card processor may require. These details are entered on a secure page and are transferred using SSL.. We use Sagepay and Stripe - both secure payment services - to process your payments.
Please note that the cardholder is responsible for their website transaction.
We gather this information to allow us to process your orders, register your account and contact you with information regarding your order and to recommend offers and products that maybe of interest to you by e-mail and post.
We may use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage in order to help us develop the website and our services. These statistics do not include information that can be used to identify any individual.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to our registered address.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us, or email us, as soon as possible at the registered address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
www.whitby-jet-jewellery.com is hosted on a secure server using SSL technology (secure sockets layer) to ensure that all credit or debit card transactions are completely secure. Every time we receive an order, we use fraud checking systems as well as authentication processes before we fulfill it. When you use our website, the secure server will encrypt all of the personal information you send us, including credit or debit card number, name and address. Encryption turns the information you enter into complex code, which is then securely transmitted. We take all reasonable measures to keep your personal information, order and payment details secure. However, we cannot be held liable if an event beyond our control results in loss to you.
Our Payment Service Provider is Sage Pay (formerly Protx) – the largest independent payment service provider (PSP) in the UK and Ireland.
Sage Pay provides a secure payment gateway (Level 1 PCI DSS), processing payments for thousands of online businesses, including ours. It is Sage Pay’s utmost priority to ensure that transaction data is handled in a safe and secure way.
Sage Pay uses a range secure methods such as fraud screening, I.P address blocking and 3D secure. Once on the Sage Pay systems, all sensitive data is secured using the same internationally recognised 256-bit encryption standards.
Sage Pay is PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) compliant to the highest level and maintains regular security audits. They are also regularly audited by the banks and banking authorities to ensure that their systems are impenetrable.
Sage Pay is an active member of the PCI Security Standards Council (PCI SSC) that defines card industry global regulation.
In addition, you know that your session is in a secure encrypted environment when you see https:// in the web address, and/or when you see the locked padlock symbol alongside the URL.
So when buying through our site, you can be sure that you are completely protected.
How do I know my details are secure when shopping online?
Sage Pay is audited by an independent auditor on a regular basis to ensure that we comply with the latest security standards set out by Visa and MasterCard. If you have processed your order online using the payment pages hosted by Sage Pay, please locate and click on the padlock image which can be found on our payment pages to confirm that your details are collected in a secure environment.
The padlock is located in a different area of the payment page screen depending on the internet browser you are using – it can normally be found in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, at the top of the screen next to (or inside) the address bar or at the very top right hand corner of the screen. This padlock shows that your details are collected using 128 bit SSL technology.
Once you have entered your card details, Sage Pay will securely send these details to the bank to be authorised. This is a completely secure process and we ensure that your details cannot be accessed by a third party.
How do I know if my payment has gone through when purchasing online?
When you pay for your online order you will be sent to either a successful payment page, which will notify you that your payment has gone through, or a failed payment page advising you of the step you will need to take and/or the reason why your payment failed. You may also receive a confirmation email from the Sage Pay system which confirms the status of your transaction or this may come from the website directly.
Pricing, Delivery and Discount Codes
1. The prices payable for goods that you order are as set out in our website.
1.1. All of our prices are in UK Pounds. You will be billed in UK Pounds and if you purchase from outside the UK, currency fluctuations and credit card charges may make a difference to the amount billed on your credit card.
2. You may be required to pay extra for delivery and it might not be possible for us to deliver to some locations. Our delivery charges are set out in our website.
3. Promotional discount codes: We may from time to time offer promotional discount codes (either directly or via third parties) which may apply in respect of any, or certain specified, purchases made though this Website. Such codes may only be applied to purchases of full-price items and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or discounts.
You may return items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We will also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error ( you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.). You should expect to receive your refund within one week of us receiving your item back. However, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. If you need to return an item, please Contact Us with your order number and details about the product you would like to return. We will respond quickly with instructions for how to return items from your order.
Delivery of goods to you
1. We will deliver the goods ordered by you to the address you give us for delivery at the time you make your order. It is your responsibility to ensure that the delivery address you give us is correct and accurate and that there is somebody to sign for and take delivery of the goods from the delivery service used.
2. All orders within the UK are delivered using Royal Mail Special Delivery or an alternative carrier during Royal Mail industrial action.
3. You will become the owner of the goods you have ordered when they have been dispatched to you. Once goods have been delivered to you they will be held at your own risk and we will not be liable for their loss or destruction.
4. We make no promise that materials on our website are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United Kingdom, and accessing the website from territories where its contents are illegal or unlawful is prohibited. If you choose to access this site from locations outside the United Kingdom, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
5. If your order is returned to us because the courier or postal service could not complete the delivery to you for whatever reason, then you will be responsible for the repeat delivery costs.
Each and every transaction carried out is deemed to be completed within the United Kingdom and therefore shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English Law. The terms of this charter (and any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claims of whatever nature in relation to them) shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with English Law and the English Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation thereto.
We reserve the right to change the Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the Website (or any part thereof) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website.
Our cookies help us to...
- Make our website work as you would expect
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Personalise our site to you, to help you get what you need faster
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- You can learn more about all the cookies we use below
Our own cookies
- Making our shopping basket and checkout work
- Determining if you are logged in or not
- Remembering your search settings
- Showing you which pages you have recently visited
- Tailoring content to your needs
- Remembering your preferences such as layout and geographical preferences
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Third party functions
Our site, like most websites, includes functionality provided by third parties. A common example is an embedded YouTube video.
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties
Social Website Cookies
So you can easily "Like" or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site.
Cookies are set by:
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies
Cookies are widely used in online advertising. Neither us, advertisers or our advertising partners can gain personally identifiable information from these cookies.
You can learn more about online advertising at http://www.youronlinechoices.com. You can opt-out of almost all advertising cookies at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices although we would prefer that you didn't as ultimately adverts help keep much of the internet free. It is also worth noting that opting out of advertising cookies will not mean you won't see adverts, just simply that they won't be tailored to you any longer.
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our's and a large proportion of the world's websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.